Launch Site: Hanna (Spondin)
Next Calgary Rocketry launch: April or May 2023, see below
- Primary Date : April 22nd, 2023
- Backup Date : May 6th, 2023
- Conditions : Usual launch event conditions apply.
- Class : High-Power
- Host Club : Calgary
- Altitude Limits : 20,000ft (6,100m) AGL
- Location : 3Km west of Spondin, Alberta
- Coordinates : 51.852667, -111.646972
- Services : No services on site
- Directions : From Hanna go East on Highway 9 for 7km, turn North on Highway 36 for 13km, go East on Highway 586 for 16km, go North for 13km to Spondin, go 180m North of Township Road 334, then West on Township Road 334A for 3km.
- Google Maps directions : Hanna Site
Hanna Launch Site
The Hanna High-power Launch takes place each Spring a few kilometers west of Spondin, Alberta. The event is hosted by the Calgary Rocketry club.
In addition, the Hanna site is the Alternate Site for the annual Sullivan Lake event.
The site is centrally located at a relatively remote location in the province, making it convenient for flyers from all three centers, Edmonton, Saskatoon and Calgary.
In consideration of neighbouring landowners, flights are recommended to a maximum of 20,000ft.
This site is best suited for single-stage airframes with "normal" flight characteristics. Low and Mid-powered rockets are welcomed as well.
This is a CAR sanctioned event so a current CAR-ACF membership is required for registration.
Note : There are no services on site, so make sure to bring your own food, water and warm clothes.
Range Pass Costs
- $25 for high-power
- $5 for model fliers who are not CAR-ACF members
- Free for model fliers who are CAR-ACF members